Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Friend You Must Meet

"it's mid-afternoon and i am ready for a change of scenery. a ferocious rush of wind pummels my left side and knocks me off balance, finds its way inside my jacket, and triggers my goose bumps. i imagine what it would feel like to be blown away - swept up into the chilly air with a whoosh!! watching the babies in the red buggy below grow smaller and smaller and smaller as i'm whisked up and up and up. feeling panic and frightfully out of control to be carried by the whims of the wind, and yet liberated to let go and be swept away to wherever away may be. or maybe my matter would slowly dissipate and i would become wind myself - rushing through barren trees and wisps of hair, picking up others who's feet aren't firmly on the ground.


october's gale packs a mean punch. it's now time to go home and i notice everyone is bundled today - wrapped up in hats and coats. we have the same red cheeks and watery eyes, the same squinted expression as the relentless bluster threatens to knock us all down. just as a faint ringing begins to fill my ears i reach the warmth and stillness of our truck's interior... "


Stephanie Braniff... She is the dream machine wonder artist who penned these words! Aren't they magical? They take me away. When ever Stephanie posts a blog it's like candy, but better because it's good for you...like ripe pears picked from a tree on a sweet summer's day, or whatever your favorite fruit may be.

To all my dear friends and family who don't already know Stephanie, I am introducing you, you must meet her. She is a gift and talent-filled wonder to behold and I feel like shouting it from the rooftops, but instead I'm posting it on my blog!

www.branfam.blogspot.com

PS~ This is really posted by Jessica, even though it says by Ben.
PSS~ To any of you who may feel a small sigh inside saying "Augh, doesn't she think I'm amazing too?" Oh, don't worry, I do! I am so grateful for all of my dear friends who could easily fill a museum with their awesome talents, deeds, photos, kindness, craftiness, motherly incredible-ness, you-name-it...Watch your back, maybe you'll be next...

6 comments:

Melinda said...

I know!! Isn't it just fantastic to read Stephanie's blog? I love her!

Daisy said...

Oh my . . . what a delicious read. THANKS FOR SHARING!

Mindy said...

Doesn't it drive you nuts though to see no capitalization? Her writing is great, but it would make it that much better because your eyes flow over it easier.

stephanie and sean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stephanie and sean said...

you're too good to me jess :) i'd totally forgotten about that day! honestly, i'm flattered and embarrassed and grateful all at the same time. to have something that began for my family become something that makes YOU happy makes me happy. thanks for the sweet shout out. oh, and about the caps. i banished them a while back, mostly because i felt like it :) it's one of the beauties of having your own little space to play in. anything goes!! haha. thanks for thinking of me :)

Michelle said...

I couldn't agree more! Stephanie is an amazingly wonderful person!