Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools'!

Hi friends and family! We've been out of the loop for a bit. We have so much to post: a trip to AZ, William's birthday back in Feb., and much more from our daily happenings. For now you get what we did on April Fools' Day. First the girls were served "fruit punch." It was really jello in cups with straws. Evelyn said I left the fruit punch in the fridge too long.

The next joke is what is on the video. I told the girls Ben was still sleeping, but he had long since gone to work...

Then Ben came home from work with a Little Ceasar's pizza in his hand. I felt a little confused because I was already halfway through dinner and he usually won't do that unless he knows I've had a rough day and dinner wouldn't happen unless he intervened. The kids were excited he brought home a pizza. He opened the box to reveal 5 fancy Easter cookies.

The girls later used the box to deliver our rent to our landlord. They drew a picture of a pizza inside. Evelyn said she felt embarrassed to deliver it.

My favorite joke of the day: I had Ben's dad call my sister and left a message that said "Becky, this is Mr. Lyon from the US Navy. Please call me back at this number: (the number of the local zoo)." My sister called the number and found out it was a zoo she was calling to ask for Mr. Lyon. Funny, huh?!

Well, it would have been funny if my sister hadn't answered the phone when Ben's dad called her! What I wrote above was what was supposed to happen. Instead my sister answered and he told her who he was and that her sister was trying to prank her. Oh well. It was still my favorite.

Next year, if we are not living somewhere where there are big snow storms on April 1st, I am going to spray-paint mushrooms in bright colors and plant them in neighbors' yards. An idea off of FamilyFun.

We're you fooled this April 1?

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Jess- you are so cleaver and funny. I am usually so excited about April fools day, but the only thing I came up with, was to wake Matt up at 12:30am (the time I had gotten up to go to the bathroom) and tell him my water broke. He said "what?!" and about jumped out of bed. Then I said "Aprils Fools'. Good night" Then we both went back to bed and that was it. BORING!

Rachel Holloway said...

SOOO much fun! We did the jello juice thing too, and the kids were super fooled...kept trying to suck it out!

Your Mr. Lyon prank had me rolling. That would be a GREAT joke! :)LOL

Daisy said...

You guys are hilarious! Miss you Jess!