Wednesday, April 7, 2010

44 Degrees, We'll Take it!

It was a cold day, but the sun was shining, so how could we refuse an afternoon outdoors?
We had a chance to fly the new kite the kids got from Grammie for Easter. I forgot how much fun it is to fly a kite! Hannah was a champ while she was holding it, as long as the string wasn't out more than 10 feet. Then she got scared of the "giant fish" as she called it.
William kept a close eye on it and whined about it.
Evelyn loved it. She had so much fun flying the kite, even when she let go! I'm pretty sure she said "oh no!" before she let go, oh well. So I left a terrified and screaming Hannah (I think she was scared that the fish was loose) and a bawling William and ran for the kite. Luckily a chain link fence intercepted it and we caught the fish.
We also had a fun stop at the nature park, after we thawed out for a bit.

William loved the ducks and said "kak, kak, kak" and tried to catch one. The girls were brave until I told them to be careful of the geese. Big mistake. As soon as I did the geese came over to the girls (they were as tall as Hannah) and each girl ran SCREAMING in opposite directions. I ran yelling after them "DROP THE BREAD! They want the bread!" While I was chasing the geese that were chasing my daughters, I turned around and William was chasing ducks in another direction in the road! It was loud and probably very funny to watch! I know we gave a few onlookers a good chuckle.


Survivors of Rexburg Duck and Geese feeding



William was not very happy about leaving, but when the hands go from red to purple, it's time to go!

5 comments:

Daisy said...

Oh my goodness. That was a hilarious story, Jessica. I can just see it all taking place. Sooooo funny. Glad they all survived.

Rachel Holloway said...

I can totally see this whole scenario in my head, and hear you yelling after them with your sweet voice! :) LAUGHING so hard!!

44 degrees...oh my. We were double that most of last week. Hoping when we come to Idaho the cold weather will be gone for good!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Those kids are SO cute!! The snow is melting, sloooowly. Hang in there! Summer will be here soon!

stephanie and sean said...

This had me laughing SO hard! I can picture the whole thing! :) How fun and adventurous you are for braving the cold and the geese :) LOVE this post and LOVE you little ones :)

Candace said...

Awe, that is such a sad face! Thank you for sharing this...it made my day :)