Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hannah and a Big Bed

It's been a big week for our girls. Evelyn went to preschool and Hannah moved up to a big bed. We will be needing the crib here in a few months, so we thought we would get her well adjusted before the baby comes.
Our friends let us borrow this toddler bed until we find a good price on a twin.
Hannah has loved her big bed. We're not sure she knows she can get out of it yet, but we'll keep it this way as long as we can!

This was the only mishap that we know about so far! She didn't seem to mind sleeping that way! Don't worry, we've since added some rails to keep her off the ground.

One of our biggest worries has been what Evelyn would do since they share a room. She has been really good and given Hannah her space, but every once in a while she will confess: "Don't worry Dad, I just got out of bed really quick and gave Hannah a very gentle kiss and went back to bed." Well, that's pretty sweet. We'll take those confessions any day!

8 comments:

Brittanie said...

Awwww, so cute of Evelyn! She's such a great big sister.

I've been worrying about when to put Erin in a big-girl bed, but I think I'll wait until after we move. It's not very practical at the moment!

Rachel Holloway said...

What cuties in their beds...well, the one I could see. I am glad she is adjusting. Not always an easy task! :)

Andrea :) said...

What a big adjustment! Evelyn is so sweet to help her out. Your girls are adorable! Congrats on Baby #3. :)

Lyd Stew said...

That cracks me up! Kids are amazing- I wish I could seems as comfortable as they are in weird positions!

Lyd Stew said...

Hey Jessica- I am embarrassed to even ask again, but I was wondering if you could give me your address. I have had it floating around this whole time and then when I needed it, it disappeared. That's life!

Lyd Stew said...

By the way- my e-mail is lydstew@gmail.com if you don't have it already.

bridget said...

I haven't checked your blog forever! Seriously! I LOVE THIS POST. You're girls are darling.

Chalonn said...

This picture has been cracking up...way to go getting the picture of her half way off the bed..how can she sleep like that?