Monday, February 11, 2008

The Lilac Fairy

For those of you who frequent our blog, you may remember a video of Evelyn dancing and pretending to be the Lilac Fairy from the Sleeping Beauty ballet. We recently checked out a book about ballet called "Lilly Backstage" and in it is a detailed series of illustrations showing a young woman putting on make up to become the Lilac Fairy. Needless to say, this was Evelyn's favorite page and she would frequently stare at it for long periods of time. Well, you think we would have learned by now not to leave her alone for more than a few minutes at a time (see why), but we're apparently poor students.
While Jess was in the shower, Evelyn decided that she wanted to put make up on just like the Lilac Fairy. Being the resourceful girl she is, when no make up could be found, she turned to the next best thing: Crayola markers! At least Jessica found her before she put on her blush!
We were both quite impressed with how well she "stayed within the lines" and got the coloring exactly like it is in the book (blue and purple for the eyes, bright red for the lips, etc.).
It sure is hard to get mad when you can't stop laughing!
Our little Lilac Fairy!

12 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

That is AWESOME! She really did a great job, all things considered! :)

Amy said...

I am definitely impressed with her color choices!

stephanie and sean said...

holy schmoley! I am IMPRESSED! She did an excellent job! It really looks pretty good considering she used markers :) I love little girls :) thanks for sharing this... and I'm so glad you were able to laugh at it :)

bridget said...

We are also super impressed! Ryan things she's head for fame as a make-up artist. Maybe she'll have her own show like TLC's What Not to Wear Make-up Edition.

Ryan & Bridget

bridget said...

Let me re-edit that sentence: Ryan THINKS she's headED for fame. . .
OYE...it's hard to type when my 3 month old is crying.

suzanne said...

Oh boy, I think that I just died laughing. Thanks for making my day. I guess you won't be leaving her alone anymore, now she is capable of anything.

Natalie said...

I think i have been laughing for 10min. straight!

Sarah said...

Hi Wyeths! Cute, Cute, Cute. Tell your lilac fairy she is invited to make a guest appearance at my story-time anytime you are in or around Idaho Falls.

K. Bitton said...

How cute! I know what you mean about not being able to get mad when they are so darn cute! It has been fun seeing you guys around town! Hope all is well!

{B}dreamy said...

Oh my goodness! Markers you say? Wow. I think she has a future in beauty school. Either that or ballet... *B

Jen and Bryan said...

Seriously, Laughing out loud right now. I mean, a real laugh. Not a little giggle; a LAUGH! Laughing so hard that Bry had to come over and take a look. Now we're both laughing at that little girl. No make-up until she's 25. Crazy girl!

Jen and Bryan said...

just reread it and I'm laughing even harder!