Sunday, June 5, 2011

We're Here!

On Evelyn's last day of Kindergarten (pictured below, photo courtesy of Hannah) Ben and I were busy cleaning and cleaning and doing some last bits of packing. We had SO much help with our kids, with cleaning, with packing...we are so grateful and couldn't have done it without so much help.
Early the next morning the kids and I had this awesome view of the truck all the way to Gilbert, AZ where we stayed with Ben's family for a couple of days.
 Ben's dad drove with Ben on Monday the 2,000 hours to Austin and Ben's mom and sister drove with me and the girls on Tuesday the 10,000,000,000 hours to get here. We would still be traveling and unloading if it hadn't been for their help.
 This was the "Welcome to Texas" sign, but I didn't get a good shot of it. We started cheering, but little did we know we still had SO much Texas to cover before we got to Austin. I think this was in the first 1/4 of our trip. The kids were such awesome travelers, really not complaining.
We had a paper chain and took off a chain every 100 miles. Every other one they got a toy/sticker book/activity. We left Arizona at 5am and arrived in Texas at 2:30am.

 I didn't get many pictures, or any actually, of Ben's parents and sister, but they were amazing. They helped drive us here, Ben and his dad had the truck unpacked, boxes in the right rooms, beds set up and sheets on, groceries bought and put away all before we got here...The next day after we got here Ben's mom completely unpacked our kitchen and we got the bathrooms and kids rooms in great shape. I've never been almost unpacked after 2 days of being somewhere!
This picture was taken today of Ben enjoying our new beautiful kitchen. He said he's been a bit deprived of treats, I think it's been a week since he's been able to bake :) Our neighbors will be glad we're here.
 Here are the kids in our backyard. It is so pretty! Will is ready for a swim and the girls are ballroom dancing.



This one's for Stephanie...My belly at 33 weeks...we are all so excited for baby boy to get here and we are happy to be able to focus on getting ready for babe for a bit.

We've had so much help and have seen so many miracles. We are beyond grateful for the safety we had getting here and all the help we've had.

15 comments:

Jessi and Brad said...

We're so glad you guys made it safe and sound!! That drive sounds pretty rough. can't wait for the new baby!!

Brittanie said...

Glad you made it there safely!! And you're beautiful darling!

K. Bitton said...

YAY! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures and see pictures. You are amazing for driving that far...I think I would have forced a plane ticket out Jeff;) You look great and I'm excited for you to have your baby.

Natalie said...

Wow Jess! You are amazing that you traveled that long being pregnant. You are my hero. I am glad you guys are there safe and happy. I hope we get to visit you at some point in your new home.

David said...

Holy cow, you guys are amazing. Congrats on a successful trip!

Rachel Holloway said...

SO, SO jealous (but happy for you!) that you're already so unpacked! LUCKY girl! SOOOO happy to know you're only an hour from me...and I dare say an adventure shall be planned promptly so we can see you. Am up for an Ikea run--you?

The Stanford Bunch said...

So glad you guys made it and had such awesome help! Your new place looks beautiful! So cool that we both will have 2 girls, then 2 boys. :)

The Dunn's said...

We miss you already! You guys are so much fun. Our next trip just might have to be Texas!! & I love your 'lil belly, so cute.

stephanie and sean said...

YAYAYA! Thank you thank you thank you! That picture is well worth the wait :) You look so great Jess! Absolutely glowing!! I adore your idea for paper chains and travel treats. Brilliant. I'm glad Ben is able to bake again ... one of the seven trillion reasons I wish we were neighbors. Just put up a yummy blueberry muffin recipe up if you ever have a hankering :) Your new hizzy looks incredible. I'm so glad you had such help and are feeling settled so soon. What a blessing!

ellsworth family said...

You moved to Texas...and your pregnant?! I have been out of the blogging realm for way too long--about 8 months, which would explain why I had no idea about the bump growing on your belly; which is absolutely adorable by the way!

Good luck with everything!

Heather said...

Holy Moly! TEXAS! Why Texas? I am sad you guys are so far away but what a fun adventure!!! Good luck! Oh and you look so dang cute. I am excited for you guys!

The Probert Family said...

Hooray!! Welcome to Texas!

Your house and yard look delightful! But they are no comparison to your delightfulness, Jess. You look truly amazing. I can't believe you moved/drove down to Texas at 33 weeks -- and you still look so happy! Good for you. I'm sure it's a huge relief to be here.

Hope to see you guys soon. Kit & Creshel live nearby in Leander.

Can't wait for baby!

Alyssa Elledge said...

So glad you made it safely! I bet you were exhausted after that whole ordeal, Jessica! How did you do it? Love seeing that cute baby bump. Hooray for July baby boys!

Jen and Bryan said...

that looks awesome!! I'm kinda jealous that you're in Austin. I want to come visit... with ALL our extra money. ;) Keep that babe in you for a few more weeks, k? Love you all!!!!!

Michelle said...

Wow, what an amazing trip, you guys are amazing! So glad you arrived safe and sound, and so excited for the upcoming arrival of your cute little tyke. :-)