Friday, August 8, 2008

Texas

We had such a wonderful time our three days in Texas. Somehow, I didn't get any pictures of the most important reason we went there: to see Grandma and Grandad Wyeth. However, Jen did take some pics of them which I am grateful for.
So it was a grand Wyeth family reunion. I believe people came from California, Idaho, Utah, Arizona and Arkansas to be there. There were about 40 people. It was so nice for me to meet those I hadn't met yet.
Here is a brief summary of what we did:
Travel, Travel, Travel
Rexburg is a long ways from Corpus Christi, Texas. We were so lucky to be able to break up the trip with a few days in AZ on our way there. AND we got to travel with family all of the way. The girls were incredibly patient and super troopers.
In this picture Evelyn had an ephinany: "If I be gentle then Hannah wants to sit with me!" Finally! Evelyn's never understood why Hannah doesn't like to be in close proximity to Evelyn.
Lots of reading in the air, at the airports and as we traveled. For some of you Meyer fans, you'll notice what Ben and Nellie are reading. They got those at a midnight trip to Walmart in Corpus :)


Not the clearest picture, but Addilyn loved riding with Grammie and Grandad. All of us Wyeths and Woolley took up 4 airplane rows!

You feeling okay Nellie? :)
What a trooper!
These girls were so good.
Texas State Aquarium
We got to watch a dolphin show at the aquarium. Carter and Jen found the "blue" area where the dolphins made a big splash! Everyone loved it!
Nicole and Blake. Blake wasn't sure what was more exciting, the dolphins or the crowd!


Hannah with Grammie. I think Hannah had a good time, I wasn't sure where she was half the time. Every time I found her someone different had her and was showing her the fish. I think Nicole had her most the time. Hannah tried to tickle the fish through the glass.

Ben loves sea creatures!



The Beach


Ben Wyeth, handsome man of the sea. Some how Ben and I forgot to take pictures of each other during the trip. So we don't have much. But here's handsome man anyway after he and all the boys helped push 2 or 3 vehicles out of the sand.
I was scared to go as far out into the ocean as everyone else was, but Ben convinced me and I had such a good time! It was a fun day!


Evelyn loved the beach! Here she is with Aunt Noelle.
Before she got to the beach she was sure she wasn't going to go in the water (kind of like me) but once she got her feet wet, she couldn't get enough!

Hannah tolerated the water, but I think she enjoyed the sand much more. Here she is with Noelle.

I wish I would have gotten a better picture of Evelyn and Carter. When I asked Evelyn what her favorite part of the beach was she said, "Running and screaming from the waves with Carter." They had so much fun!


I put this one in because off in the distance you can see two little heads. That is Grandad taking Hannah out to sea. I thought it was cute. I think the third one way out there is Bryan.

There were so many more good times than the camera can tell, but thanks for looking and thanks everyone for a fun and memorable trip!





7 comments:

Brittanie said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!

As for the book...hehehe, I was 6 in the hold line at the library. They got 40 copies. I could have gotten it at midnight, but Erin and I were asleep. So I got it first thing Saturday morning, but didn't start reading until Saturday afternoon around 3 (I was out all day until then). I finished it Sunday evening.

Not sure whether I'm going to buy them though....

Jen and Bryan said...

SO FUN!!! I need to get on the ball and post some pictures... one of these days...

stephanie and sean said...

Whoa you have been busy! What an absolutely terrific time!!!! Oh I love the beach and it was fun to feel like I was on a little beach trip with you... love your pictures :) Did ben like Breaking Dawn?

Mindy said...

What a great time! Hope Ben liked the new book too.

Natalie said...

Who is that weird looking girl in the picture whith Evelyn sleeping. that woman needs a serious make over.

melissa t. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Comin Family said...

Hey! I just watned to say 2 things: First- Holy Cow You're Prego! We're so excited for you! I just wish we were in the same state to be pregnant together! Second- Sounds like you guys had a blast in TX! We really and truly miss you guys!