Thursday, June 12, 2008

Carmelitas...Sinfully Delicious

This recipe is a family favorite on the Wyeth side and I'm sure once any of you make it, it will be a family favorite in your fam too!
I have some of these ready to come out of the oven in a few minutes... I don't think I'm even going to post pictures for your sakes, I wouldn't want your drool to short your keyboards.
I was going to send a mass email to all of you my loved ones, but thought that all of you would sooner or later check the blog. These are too good to sit around and not share!

Mix together:
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups brown sugar
2 1/2 cups oats
1/2 tsp salt
3 3/4 cubes of butter (I know...it's not a typo)

Mix and save 1/4 of the dough. Press the rest into a large cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 min.

Remove from the oven and sprinkle the top with:
1 package of choc. chips (the jumbo ones are fun to use)
1 jar of Smuckers (or desired brand) caramel topping (find it by the ice cream essentials)
and an optional cup of chopped pecans.

Crumble reserved dough over the top.

Return to over for 15 min.

Try not to eat it all in one sitting!

3 comments:

kimberly said...

Hey Ben! I saw your blog website on facebook and took a look! Your family is beautiful! It has been so long that it's nice to see what you have been up to in the last while!
Kim (McLarney) Tyau
tyaufamily.blogspot.com
By the way, the recipe looks delicious!

Harrop Family said...

you are darling. How cute. I can just feel your excitement and almost see you drooling yourself! Haha!! I'll have to try these out. I LOVE new and fun recipes. Thanks.

TheRogersInUtah said...

I found your blog from my sister in law Mistie's blog, and I have to say this is the most delicious recipe ever! I have made it twice so far. Thank you, Kristin Rogers (married to Travis Rogers)