Thursday, May 29, 2008

Spring Has Finally Sprung!

Things are finally warming up here in good ol' Rexburg. Our lawn is now green instead of white, our trees are full of blossoms and newly sprouted leaves, animal life is abundant (at least in the bee, squirrel, and bird categories) and snow storms have finally been replaced with rain showers. Here are a few pics from in and around our house. I hope you enjoy them as much as we have!

The house



A delicous rainstorm
This tree/shrub of unknown type sists on the edge of our yard closest to the street and in the course of 1 or 2 days exploded with these bright pink blossoms.

This is the big tree in our front yard. I can't remember what it's called, but it looks like a cross between a weeping willow and a quaking aspen. We love it!

We have three apple trees in our back yard and all of them are blossoming!

The apple tree closest to the house has several hollowed out branches. A bird couple decided to move in to one and they are now the proud parents of 5 little chicks! It's been fun to watch them grow, since we took this picture, they've sprouted most of their feathers.

We put a couple of pots out on our front proch and filled them with Snap dragons, geraniums, pansies, daisies and these little white flowers whose name escapes me. The Eastern border of our property is lined with trees.

We have a total of 5 lilac trees/shrubs around the house. We can't wait for the little buds to open and wrap our house and yard in their cozy, sweet scent!

More rain clouds

On our windowsill in the kitchen, we've planted some forget-me-nots and clover.


Every gardener's nemesis... the dandelion.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Yeah for spring! I'm sure you are happy to say good bye to the snow.

Rachel Holloway said...

WOWZA! Those are amazing pics! I love seeing your house in pics now--it brings back that same special spirit and feeling of HOME I felt being there...

I am so glad spring has sprung! You have so much to observe and be thankful for! So much beauty!

Nicole said...

Great pictures!! What a photographer!! I love it!

stephanie and sean said...

Jess I am in love with ya! You know why? Because you think rainstorms are "delicious" the way I do, because you plant clover in pots and put them in your window sill, because you love spring and nature just as much as I do, because you are my kindred spirit (wether you like it or not :), becasue you are one of the most beautiful people I've ever met :)

The Probert Family said...

Awwww. These pictures make me actually miss Idaho. I really like that place during the Spring/Summer. Your home is beautiful!

Jude, Namea, Kuu said...

Hey Wyeths. We're happy we found your blog. Good to see you guys are doing good and that the weather is starting to get better there. It'll be good to catch up with your family. Check out our blog too when you get a chance.

Jen and Bryan said...

YEAH!! It looks so beautiful there. Maybe I don't HATE Idaho... I just hate that it takes people I love from me....

Harrop Family said...

Oh I love it! Yea for spring! What awesome pictures. I didn't know you were a photographer. Thanks for sharing the beauty.

David and Deena said...

Somebody is an artist with the camera. Loved the pics. Love the house and yard and green grass.