Monday, May 19, 2008

Here's to the Birthday Girl

This blog goes out to my wonderful, amazing, brilliant and all-around wonder-woman-of-a-gal, Jessica. If you don't know Jessica very well, let me fill you on a few of the reasons why she's so spectacular:

1. She agreed to marry me! Talk about Christ-like charity!
2. She's a hottie (and I mean that in an appropriate and honoring-womanhoodly way)!
3. She finds a way to mix beans, corn or peas (or sometimes all three) into everything she cooks
4. She is an avid potato lover
5. She is an incredible mother
6. She is an incredible teacher (Evelyn, now 3 1/2, read her first words yesterday thanks to Jessica's able tutoring!)
7. She is hilarious! (ask her about the "dinner with a garden hose" story)
8. She is pretty sure she knows how to speak Chinese and enjoys practicing it around the house
9. She likes to bust some wicked moves on our tile floor...
10. She is the brains in the family and keeps things running smooth
11. Everyone at Church wants her to serve in their organization (up until last week she had 4 callings... people couldn't get enough of her!)
12. She makes everything she wears look good
13. She is one of the kindest and warmest people I know
14. She's not afraid of anything
15. Correction: she is afraid of spiders and the deep end of the pool, but not much else
16. She's an amazing, albeit insecure chef
17. She has a strong and burning testimony that she shares often with her children and others
18. She can beat me at arm-wrestling every single time
19. She likes to play the "what song am I dancing to" game
20. She is a returned missionary
21. She's not afraid to get her hands dirty
22. She gets angry when you try to tell her that "colonel" is pronounced "kernel"
23. She has a strong affinity for squeezing or otherwise playing with sponges
24. She is a great artist and is very crafty (meaning creative, not sneaky)
25. The last 24 reasons are only the tip of the iceberg... no, they are only the dust on the snowflake that is sitting on the tip of the iceberg!

Jess, the internet is simply too small to hold a blog that would fit in everything amazing and wonderful there is to say about you. I hope you know that I love, love, love you and I am so grateful for the last 4 1/2 years. Here's to eternity with you!

ps- the people singing in the video are a few of my students at BYU-I... thanks guys!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Thankyou Ben!!!!!

CPA said...

Happy Birthday Jessica!!

Jessica said...

“感谢。你是一个美好的人太多了

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Jessica!!! Thanks for being AWESOME!!

stephanie and sean said...

Happy Happy Happy BIrthday! What a tribute! To know you is to love and adore you Jess. I whole heartedly agree with all of Ben's wonderful list! I hope you had a wonderful day! Oh how I love you so! Three cheers for wonderful you!

Nicole said...

What a guy!!! Happy B-day Jess!

Natalie said...

I loved the list! You are wonderful and amazing and I am sure happy that you married Ben.

Chalonn said...

This is soooooooooo sweet. Happy birthday Jess!!! You really are such an amazing woman!!

Harrop Family said...

Oh Ben! What an amazing husband you are! You two are just the most perfect people I know. Happy Birthday Jessica. Hope you had fun celebrating. And way to go Evelyn!!

Lyd Stew said...

Hey- Happy Birthday- sorry not to wish it sooner! :) Also- I tried to call, but I wasn't sure it was your number and I couldn't tell by the message who it was- anyway- I am finally getting around to starting a little joy school and we would love your girls to come. We are going to do it this Thursday at 10am. Hope that works for you. I think we are going to do something on music and rhythm. Have the girls bring a ballerina or dress up outfit for dance to the music if they want to. :) Thanks so much and hope you get this in time. Give me a call- 201-0793. We'll talk to you later.