Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Has Anyone Seen Evelyn?

I was sure I did it, I was sure I had officially lost a child. I was only inside for a minute to put something away, when I went back outside, Evelyn was no where to be found.

The lost child panic was just barely thinking about setting after I had looked everywhere... then I saw the top of her little pony tail in the passenger side of the car, parked in the garage.


The little turkey was hiding and feasting on some taffy we had bought for our Memorial day trip to Jackson Hole, WY.

I'm glad I found her and that she was safe, she might be sick here pretty soon, but at least she's safe!!

7 comments:

Melinda said...

I had one of those heart-stopping moments a couple weeks ago, too. My Evie disappeared and I realized she had run *accross* the street and was headed for the neighbors' backyard!

I'm glad Evelyn (yours) was at least safe in the car and that it was just some innocent candy moment. Thanks for checking in on me and my girls! (And hubby,too.)

stephanie and sean said...

Oh sheehs! She's going to love that story when she's older! I'm so glad she was safe and all is well. What a scare!

Rachel Holloway said...

HOW TOTALLY SCARY! Now, the real scare would have been if it had been HOT there--but since we know Rexburg is not known for it's warm weather, I am sure she was fine. :) kidding!

Natalie said...

That little Evelyn. I'm glad she is safe. I can't wait to see her. I feel like it has been forever since I have seen her. The other day I was thinking about how much she and Hannah have probably changed. Sigh. :(

The Stanford Bunch said...

K - beautiful pictures of the flowers and your house and "good ol' Rexburg" Awesome! I so miss that place! And so glad you found Evelyn! Cute story... :)

Nicole said...

Evelyn is such a funny character!!! I love being so close to you guys!!!

Chalonn said...

Those pictures were totally great to see. I'm glad spring and summer have finally shown themselves to you too.

About Evelyn hiding...isn't that a terrifying feeling! But, you should know better...as long as there's candy to be munched on...they're probably eating it..this is what I've found to be true with London...she'll never leave me as long as I have candy in the house.