Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Date!

We were so grateful when some friends recently asked if we would be interested in having a date swap. We babysit their kids for their date and vice-versa. Heaven! We decided to tour Austin by kayak. We had such a fun time! 
The "smolder"

What a dream boat! 

Austin skyline in back

  Poor Ben's legs were  completely asleep after our adventure. He wanted me to distract the kayak attendant so she wouldn't see him hobble out of the boat! 

We saw a whole lotta birds!

We grabbed a burger, fries, lemonade and milkshake and got our  kiddos who were disappointed to see us "already."  So glad for some time together and some friends who helped make it possible! 

2 comments:

stephanie and sean said...

I am totally swooooning over here!!! You are both a couple of dream boats :) Sean and I were able to kayak in Virginia and I was AWESOME! Ben's smolder totally cracks me up. I'm so so so happy that you've found some date night swappy friends. Oh I've gotta get me some of those!

Rachel Holloway said...

so, so fantastic! Seroiusly so happy for you and getting out and about. I LOOOOVE seeing that skyline--I miss the city lights and am itching to get to the city again soon.

LOVE that you guys had some time out. SO deserved. Now when are we getting together? Should I call? Email? What's best?? We wanna see you!