Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cannon Beach


When we arrived at Cannon Beach, we were all so hungry! My Dad recommended a restaurant called Mo's so that's where we went. We had a beautiful view of the ocean and the famous Haystack rock. We even got to watch a couple of surfers, BRR!!!



Afterwards, we went outside and played at the beach as long as we could stand the cold. We had a great time! It was so beautiful and we were blessed with a very nice day.









Will in front of Haystack rock.


Happy Hannah May


Evelyn LOVES sand and dirt! She was in heaven!


One of my favorite games to play at the beach when I was little was to "chase the waves." You follow the wave back to the sea as far as you dare and then run and try not to get caught as it comes back to shore. The kids had fun playing with me. Hannah kept her distance from the water but still enjoyed herself.


Evelyn was a little more risky than Hannah! Fun times in a BEAUTIFUL place! I'm so glad we got to take a little stop here.

8 comments:

Gibbles N Bit said...

we went there on our honeymoon. and we love Mo's.

Daisy said...

My sister, Lilly, just moved to Eugene. These pictures make me crave an "up-the-coast" trip to see her. I've never seen the coast either, but I can tell it is breathtaking! Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had a BLAST! I have ALWAYS wanted to go to the Oregon Coast. It looks beautiful.
Also, thanks for the comments on my blog! I LOVE YOU GUYS and MISS YOU GUYS!

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing your pics! Joe and I went to the Oregon Coast on our honeymoon. We saw Multnomah Falls and ate at Mo's as well! So good! Now I want to go back! Maybe we'll have to plan a trip there soon. Glad you had fun! Miss you!

Natalie said...

Fun times! William looks so cute in his coat.

Jamie Meacham said...

This is one of our favorite places to visit! Looks like fun!

stephanie and sean said...

I've totally eaten at Mo's. Super delicious clam chowder. Oh that makes me feel so close to you guys. I think Cannon beach is where they filmed he last segmant of The Goonies. Have you ever seen that crazy movie? Did you see huge boulders while you were on the beach?

Rachel Holloway said...

That is so BEAUTIFUL! And even though you're all bundled up in coats, it still has a warm feeling to me. Love the beach!