Sunday, September 26, 2010

Introducing the Newest Member of our Family!

A PIANO!!!


This is a BIG deal! Ben and I have wanted a piano since before we knew we wanted to marry each other. We both love to play. I have looked on Craigslist and gone to piano sales etc, etc, etc. but nothing ever worked out until just last week.

Our neighbor friends were over for dinner and before they left, they simply said "We need to get rid of our piano, do you want one?" I almost excused myself to shed a few tears, but resisted and just told myself it wasn't really true. They received this piano for free and they were receiving an upgrade of a piano for free and GAVE us this one.

We count it a great blessing and we LOVE it. Ben and I constantly play it. The kids will fall asleep even if we are playing, so my prime time for playing is right after we kiss the kiddos goodnight. Don't get me wrong, I am no virtuoso (Ben is though!) but I think by the end of the year, I can count myself as Primary Pianist material (playing the piano for the kids at Church).

It feels so good to have piano in our home, it was our missing piece!! THANK YOU!!!

5 comments:

Aaron & Michelle said...

That is awesome!!! Miss you guys a lot. Landon still talks about having you over. Still need to skype you. What is your life like tomorrow. Try calling or I will call you. Michelle

Daisy said...

SO happy for you! Makes me want to practice and get better.

Rachel Holloway said...

Seriously you tease!! lol

SO excited for you! What a PERFECT addition to your family! :)

teac77 said...

I'm jealous :P

Monica said...

Congratulations! It was a happy day when we got our piano, too (and ours is just a cheap digital version ... someday maybe we'll be as lucky as you!). I also loved your lullaby post. That will make me smile for the rest of the day. What a sweet family you have, Woodley. Hope you're all doing well.
Monica