Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School

Evelyn requested school pancakes, this was the best we could do. We had breakfast and then waited and waited and waited for 12:45 to come along so she could go to school!

Hannah took a family picture

Hannah wished she could have gone too, but I think she likes the time at home while Evelyn is gone.
Here is our little Kindergartner! She really is as tall as the second graders, but she is still our little girl!

She was happy to have us walk her into her classroom. She said she missed us in her heart but in her words..."I like Kindergarten, actually, I LOVE it!"
We are so grateful for her teacher, Mrs. Ross, who is so kind and seems to love what she does. She has made learning fun and we are so grateful!

10 comments:

{Alynn} said...

Love your fab-oo pancakes! I hope Evelyn just loves kindergarten! She looks so sweet and grown up!

Angela said...

We sure miss you guys around here but we're glad to see you are doing well! Congrats on Evelyn's first day of school!

MathisFam said...

You are lucky that she let you walk her into school. Carson is already too cool to have his mom walk him into class. I had to say goodbye from the car.

Rachel Holloway said...

AWWW...look how CUTE you guys all are--and especially your little kindergarten girl!Such a fun way to start school!

Amy said...

Congrats to Evelyn for going to Kindergarten!!! Hooray to Hannah who now can rule the home in Evelyns absence!

stephanie and sean said...

oh my good heavens! i just can't believe it! sean and i are totally celebrating for her and totally freaking out at the same time! is this the same evelyn we held as a wee little lass? can it really be?

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, what a big girl! And I love the pancakes -- awesome!

suzanne said...

I can't believe how tall Evelyn is. I am so glad she is having fun. It's crazy we have school age kids now.

Heather said...

That is so exciting! Kindergarten! yay!:) Sure do miss you guys. Hope your doing good.

Liz  said...

I have been going to get in touch with you!! Let's do something! I would absolutely LOVE it! When is a good time for you guys?