Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Our Joy


We really do have such a good life. We find joy in so many things. Ben and I find joy in each other, we love what we do and how we spend our days. We find joy in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it is because of the Gospel we have the life we do. We find joy in service, discovering talents, in family history, in cooking, gardening, reading, learning, being alive...One of our greatest joys, one that makes our cup run over and our heart smile is our children.
Oh they are wonderful little beings! They are giants in little bodies. They are funny, they are wise, they are kind, they have keen minds and they have a childhood that I pray they will look back on with fondness. We are so grateful to be parents and so grateful for these precious little ones.

7 comments:

{Alynn} said...

Today was looking to be a long day -- one of "those" kind of days. But after reading your blog, you're sweet thoughts and adorable children have changed my attitude! Thanks for cheering me up and reminding me what's really important! You're such a good example to me!

Chalonn said...

You are an amazing mamma and I'm so glad you are able to enjoy your children. They are who they are...but they are also a little bit of heaven because they're yours! You and Ben are such amazing people, I know you influence them in so many ways...to be the BEST! We love you!

Jamie said...

It sounds like you are enjoying life. The kids are getting so big and looking as cute as ever.

Lyd Stew said...

Wow- we really are living parallel lives! These could all be my posts! :) If only we could experience it together and I could glean a little bit more of your wisdom!

Angela said...

Jessica! I'm finally leaving a post on your blog! Oh... this is Angela! But your family is sooo cute and sooo fun! Love the pictures of Hannah. Thanks for all that you do for us! We love you!

P.S. If you can't get to our blog, let me know and I will send you a link!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
stephanie and sean said...

i think joy comes when we find happiness in good things. you are so happy because your joy is in goodness and family and true love. i can see why you and your amazing family would be some of the happiest people in the world :)