Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hannah is a HOOT!!!

Oh Hannah, Hannah, Hannah! I don't know if it's because she is just constantly overshadowed by her older sister who just happens to be THE Fancy Nancy, but Hannah has decided to be a boy. Today I walked through the kitchen many times and Hannah was coloring with markers by herself so sweetly at the table. Well, one time I walked through and found Hannah with the following face. She was "putting on a boy face." I think it was intended to be a moustache. The bad thing is that I'm pretty sure it's staying for a few days, I have scrubbed and scrubbed (as much as you can scrub delicate 3-year old skin). The good thing is that we shouldn't have to leave the house for a day or two...or three.
If you look closely, the front of Hannah's shirt is wet. She has developed a habit of chewing and sucking on her shirt. The thought of doing that and the cloth rubbing and squeaking against my teeth gives me the heebie-geebies. Rumor has it that one of her parents, I'm not naming names, but it's not me (Jessica) had a habit of doing this when he was young. It must be in her genetic makeup.
This is Hannah after she decided she was a drummer. She doesn't do it for attention. She would be doing this whether or not we noticed or took her picture. Hannah is always doing SILLY things!
Hannah headed up this "operation swim"

And this one too. They didn't get water this time, but they did think it was so fun to play in the cold bathtub.



After church one Sunday we asked Hannah what she learned about. She said "Jesus." We asked what Jesus did and she said "He woved his widdle ones."

A different Sunday we asked what she learned about and she said, "Joseph Smith." We asked what he did. She said "He got colored." Sure enough she had colored a color page of Joseph Smith. She colored him blue.

One day Hannah and I were in the van to pick up Evelyn from preschool. We were about 10 minutes early so I drove her up to the temple to look at it. We parked outside for a minute. I asked, "Hannah, what do you feel inside while we are here at the temple?"
She thought and considered the question. Then she answered "My hot chwockolate"

(For those of you who have not been to or near an LDS temple, there is a great feeling of peace around it if you take time to feel.)

Hannah, we adore you!

6 comments:

{Alynn} said...

L.O.V.E. it! What a little character! She has such a sweet little face, I had no idea what she's been hiding! :)

"He woved his widdle ones"!!! That's from our new song! So glad someone's listening!

Nicole said...

I love your kids!!!! They are so absolutely adorable!!! I can't wait to see you guys in March!!

Natalie said...

I love this post. Hannah is so cute. I love the mustache and her cute comments.

Jamie said...

Reading all about your family sure makes me miss you guys. I cant imagine Madison and the girls together now. Remember when they fed the stuffed animal cats raisins and water. What would they think of now. Tell them hello from us.

Lyd Stew said...

What is it with kids and swim suits in the tub- I can get them to do just about anything if I promise them I'll let them. Funny!

stephanie and sean said...

i love little hannah so much!!! i wish i could hang out with her. jess, i hope i can be just like you someday.