Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Visit to Grammie's and Grandad's

When we were thinking about what to do for Evelyn's birthday, we thought about what she likes to do and where she likes to go and Grammie and Grandad Wyeth's home is definately at the top (Don't worry Seattle family, she LOVES to go there too!). We decided to take her to Grammie's for her birthday weekend and we all had a wonderful time! Like my friend Cherie says "your Mama Wyeth can sure throw a party!" We appreciate so much the party and all the visits! Thankyou so much everyone!
It is a 7 to 17 hour drive to Gilbert from our house depending on circumstances, but this trip was amazing. We didn't have a single tear shed and driving time was only about 7 hours. We left early and zipped our way down. For the first 2 hours before she fell asleep, Evelyn was constantly saying "Grammie, we're coming! Do you see Grammie's house yet?"

This was at her party, Evelyn got so many wonderful gifts! Thankyou!
Contemplating her blessings. I just wanted to show Jen, Grammie, Nellie and Addilyn in the background. Grandad was there too, Evelyn loved to see him there. Thanks for being there everyone!
Is that the wicked witch of the east?
WHAT A CAKE!! Go Grammie! She spent so much time working on this cake even though she wasn't feeling well at all. It turned out darling and dreamy! I don't know if she'll ever have another one like it. This picture was taken before Ben accidently sat on it :) Grammie patched it up though.
After her party, she went down for a nap and said to me "Mom, I'm not 2 1/2 anymore, now I'm 3!"
I think Evelyn's favorite thing was the time she got to spend talking and visiting with everyone, especially Grammie and G.G. She is still telling me about the things that Grammie taught her, she says "Remember Grammie taught me that if we put money in our mouth we get sick and it's yucky."
Hannah really enjoyed her time with Grammie too!
They even napped together! Evelyn is on the giant beanbag and poor Grammie was under the weather.
She even slept in Nellie and Noelle's bed. I'm not sure how they could've slept, but Evelyn was pretty glad!
She was so tired the next 2 days after we came home. Thankyou so much everyone for letting us come and having you throw a party for Evelyn :)









4 comments:

suzanne said...

Jessica you look so cute! I loved the birthday cake. It is the dream girl cake. Hannah is so big. When is her birthday? I can't remember. Glad to see you had a good weekend.

Amanda said...

you look so good with a bob, Jessica!

Nicole said...

I don't know if my mom told you Jess But Mine and natalies 4rth b-day cake looked exactly like that! How Fun!!!

Colburns said...

Wow I can't believe how cute you two are. Long time no see it's the Colburn's you know Brinton and Charlotte. Your kids are so darling! I can't belive how time flies. Hop over and check us out! colburn4.blogspot.com. Hope to hear from ya soon!