Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mr. Nibbles

So, we got a hamster...about a year ago!!! We love Mr. Nibbles, he is the sweetest little guy. We had been entertaining the thought of a pet and with allergies and renting a home, a hamster seemed the best fit. We researched and found male syrian hamsters are the friendliest. It took some time, but somehow I convinced Ben that we needed a hamster. One day, Ben had to be at home to study and I took the kids out. On our way to a park I said, "Do you guys want a hamster?" Of course they did.
I said that we were going to a Goodwill and if there was a hamster cage there, we would get it and then go buy a hamster! They couldn't believe it!
Wouldn't ya know, when we walked into Goodwill, there was a practically brand new hamster cage with all the parts and pieces for $7! I don't remember ever seeing a hamster cage before and I know I haven't seen one since.
We bought it and went to the pet store. We all really liked Mr. Nibbles and brought him home.
So happy to have him! He is awake when the girls are getting ready for school, so if they get ready fast enough, they get to hold him before they head out the door. 







 Sticking his tongue out
 Cheeks full of grapes I believe
Run! Hamster, run! 

2 comments:

Daniel and Heather said...

I had hamsters growing up, i love them. and what a cute name Mr nibbles is.. :)

Ryan Briggs said...

Jessica i love that you post on your blog still! Your kids are adorable and I love that you have mr. nibbles so cute!