Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." — Walt Disney

I love books. I love libraries. I met my husband in one for crying out loud! I remember going to the library with my mom when I was young and just loving it, feeling like it was Christmas every time we went. 
When I was old enough, I loved riding my bike to the library. There is something so sacred and special being in a place filled with so much knowledge, so many ideas, so much history and so much magic. 

Heavenly Father gave me a great gift in giving me 4 children and a husband who share the same love. Ben has read everything under the sun.  Our kids love books too, it makes me feel so satisfied. 


This magazine stopped Henry in his tracks the other day, he can't read but he has an obsession with letters. He spent quite some time talking about and studying the letters. 



 Hannah found a series of books called "Ivy and Bean" that she can't put down! 

William is always ready to read a book or work in workbook! He didn't like to ride the bus at the beginning of the year, but now he takes a book in his backpack and reads on the way to school and loves it! 

After visiting a Half-Price Books, we learned quickly that we need to stick to libraries or we would go broke! 

Here are the girls outside in their reading fort. Excuse the wind! 

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Jessica! My name is Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

stephanie and sean said...

This made my heart burst! I love that your peeps share your passion for books :) What a sweet part of your family culture :)