Thursday, September 22, 2011

Gotta Love Those CHEEKS!!!




A little too much Mom

 Henry is now 2 months old. It seems to get more and more fun to have babies. First, you have so many more people in the house oohing and aahing and loving on the little babe. It is so fun to watch our other growing babies be so enamored and amused by Henry. It has been heaven the moments we have shared gathered around the baby and all laughing at and enjoying him. Most times Ben and I laugh more at our other children laughing then we do at Henry. 

Second, we have learned to respect and appreciate the brevity in which these little ones are truly little. Oh how fast they breeze through our arms! Sleepless nights don't last forever. If it were 50 years from now and I was given the gift to come back and live a day from this season of my life, just a regular ole' off-to-school-playin'-cars-makin'-food-holdin'-babies-cleaning-messes type day, oh how I would treasure holding the yummy bundle of Henry, playing Memory or castle or kitties or puppies with Hannah and William, and watching Evelyn herd her siblings through her imagination. I would soak in the creative messes our kids made and I would ask them so many questions about themselves and record in my heart every answer that their sweet little voices gave.  

We are so grateful for our sweet little ones!!! 

The furrowed brow inherited from mom

We've been trying to get a pic of his smile. He looks extra round in the face here!

Enjoying the outdoors
Fat cheeks make good pillows
There is that sweet smile that melts us all!
This makes me smile
What to do with a dad who's a tease?
Post funny pics of the tease himself, I
 suppose! (The girls helped dress him up)
Hannah and Will building castles and garages out of cans
Good little playmates
The boys

Evelyn helped Hannah dress up as a Spanish missionary. She did  her hair  too.

Just for fun...I can't eat chocolate while I'm nursing. Ben was going to the store and I dreamily asked him to find me a treat with peanut butter and caramel chunky stuff. I knew there was no chance of getting that without chocolate. But miracle of miracles, Ben & Jerry's Clusterfluff fell into our laps. Peanut butter, caramel, AND marshmallow, no chocolate! Hello heaven.   Ben got the potato chip one (Late Night Snack), not too bad. Sure do love Ben! 

10 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

OH. MY. GOSH! WHAT SQUEEZABLE LOVABLE CHEEKS! He's the chunkiest bunch of lovin' EVER! And I cannot, CANNOT believe it's been 2 months. REALLY NOW? 2 MONTHS? And we STILL haven't seen him? I AM SO SAD! We MUST fix this pronto. Tell me when a good time for a visit is...we can certainly head that way if you wouldn't be overwhelmed by our presence!

MISS you guys--and so glad you're close! I could use some Wyeth time...soon. :)

Amy said...

This post makes me smile from ear to ear!!! What beautiful children and a sweet family you have! It's literally been years since I've seen ya Jess...but I really want to hang out with you!

Heather said...

I loved your post! I love what you said about treasuring the moments. Your family is so beautiful and growing so fast!!!! Henry sure is a cutie.

stephanie and sean said...

oh. my. goodness. gracious!! those cheeks! that smile! those eyes! that face! the chubb! it's too much!! i have been thinking about you non stop this week and I'm SO SO glad you posted some picture. i'm so glad your home feels like heaven on earth. i totally giggled along with evelyn, hannah, and will. thanks for letting us get a little glimps of heaven :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Everyone is getting so big! You are all awesome! Love and miss you all!

Jen and Bryan said...

WHAT A CHUB!! I wanna kiss those cheeks!!! He's totally your fattest baby. I LOVE IT!!

Alyssa Elledge said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The cheeks are pretty trendy now. Sam loves to sport his. Thank you for sharing these pics of your sweet family!!! Can't wait to see more!

David and Deena said...

OH we have missed you. I had not seen pictures of Henry. What a cutie...as well as the rest of the household. Hello! We love your little family!

Daniel and Heather said...

you have the cutest family and the cutest new baby boy! i loved loved all those adorable pictures of your little man. and i totally want to kiss his cheeks too! :)

Monica said...

Ah, those CHEEKS!! Bring that baby my way and I will squeeze and kiss and love that little guy! He is so stinkin' adorable, Jess! Looks like life is good for you ... you deserve it, sweet girl.