Saturday, February 13, 2010

To my perfectly perfecting wife



I’m a happy guy. I really am. See that girl in the picture? The one with the wings and the halo? She’s the secret to my happiness.

Does she have less-than-glorious moments? Yes, of course. She battles feeling like a “mom blob” just like everyone else. She isn’t perfect, and I’m glad.

See, happiness in this life isn’t attained through being perfect, it’s obtained by the experience of becoming perfected. Jessica is the catalyst in my life that moves me to become better.

That’s why she’s the secret to my happiness. Jessica makes me happy because she makes me better.

She fell in love with me, despite my impressive list of faults. She shows her love by refusing to let me indulge them.

Thank you Jess. Thank you for holding my hand and walking with me down the often bumpy, occasionally painful, but always wonderful road to perfection.

Happy anniversary. I love you!

12 comments:

Daisy said...

Tears. That was beautiful. And so are you two! Jess helps us all be a little better! Happy SIXTH Anniversary!

Daisy said...

P.S. Loved the photoshop detail. Not that the wings and halo aren't practically visible to the naked eye. ;)

Brittanie said...

That was beautiful. It made me cry! Happy anniversary guys!

The Dunn's said...

You guys are tooo cute. Happy Anniversary!!

ellsworth family said...

Very nice Ben. Jessica really is AMAZING!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

So sweet!! I loved this very much. Happy Anniversary!

Nicole said...

You're such a dream Ben!! Happy Anniversary Guys!!!

Anonymous said...

What a romantic! :) Happy Anniversary guys!

Our Family said...

that is just the sweetest! and yes jessica is great and I don't even know her super well, but I'm always wanting to be better when I see her with the kids! She's always smiling and happy no matter what! happy anniversary! katie

Ash said...

THE hannah post was HILARIOUS! Your kiddies are so darling. :)

Lyd Stew said...

Oh- cute- congrats!

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

You both know the amazing potential of your spouse and hold each other up to it. What a sweet, sincere ode to Jessica that was, Ben. You guys are so blessed to have such a beautiful, righteous family and spouses dedicated to God and each other. :-)